Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'M OUT OF RANGE!

Letter to a John... (Ani Difranco lyrics)

Don't ask me why I'm crying?... I'm not going to tell you what's wrong...
I'm just gonna sit on your lap... for five dollars a song...
I want you to pay me for my beauty... I think it's only right...'cause...
I have been paying for it, all of my life!?
I'm gonna take the money I make... I'm gonna take the money I make...I'm gonna take the money I make... and... I'm gonna go away...
We barely have time to react in this world, let alone rehearse!?
...and I don't think I'm better than you, but I don't think that I'm worse!
Women learn to be women... and men learn to be Men...
...and I don't blame it all on you, but I don't want to be your friend...
I'm gonna take the money I make... I'm gonna take the money I make... I'm gonna take the money I make... and I'm gonna go away...
I was eleven years old, he was as old as my dad... and he took something from me, I didn't even know that I had?
...so don't tell me about decency, don't tell me about pride!?
Just give me something for my trouble,'cause this time... it's not a free ride!?
I'm gonna take the money I make... I'm gonna take the money I make... I'm gonna take the money I make... and I'm gonna go away...
...don't ask me why I'm crying?! I'm not going to tell you what's wrong... I'm just gonna sit on your lap... for five dollars a songs...
I want you to pay me for my beauty, I think it's only right!
I have been paying for it, all of my life!
Now I just wanna take... and I'm just gonna take... I'm gonna take... and I'm gonna go away...
sb