Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Waiting on a Waitress..." (It's a poem I wrote a long time ago... and now I seem to be "recycling" this feeling toward someone new!:))


Someone's sick reality just stroke me through!
Those eyes, the moon...
knocked down this forehead noon
in between... did anyone moaned?

Tasteless wines are about to be re-invented
I’m sure they will... I’m able to see that too!
You see... my sore eyes usually get translucid...
...with the sights of you

So long ever after... but not long ago,
I still find thoughts... within the blue
I will hopefully distill,
aging memories out of you...

Into stolen spirits I dive,
while carefully stays this intent... in laying between the oak
Always against my will I tell them!

My heart is 'woodenning' here,
within floating wishes... for my careless waitress...
Once again, she drives me insane.
All the same, I came...

I long to forget,
all this empty green bottles she kept
Night after day... quite careless I might say?

but then... there's this 'body of mind' firmly staying...
as still as can be... standing there:
waiting on her
wetting just lips
waiting on leaves
waving on hands
leaving painful sweets in store... as she leaves me dry and sore...

you see...
each night I must pay, to go and see her move
night after day, thousands of barrels are presented my way:
Waiting on tables,
drinking white sables,
my taste perceives no happy ending?
I unable the pain, by calling on her once more...

I keep calling this wait!
I see her slide... she is on her sway...
'More barrels of wine', I usually say

The night is young,
alcohol starts its journey...
I see you through, though there are no signs of you?
The truth is mine alone...

Barrels of fouls parade along my shore,
pronning their heads to my waitress to be
Wondering there, just like me: 'Were all those bottles ever meant... to keep?'

Closing time starts its arrival... unwillingly,
I need to ask my waitress the usual:
And so I wave
And so u smile
I pay.
We leave alone... where to? Home?

Uncertainty takes its place,
I question my 'body of mind': were all those barrels worthwhile?
Will she dream of me tonight?


Lx, Junho 2005
(last edition: 24July2010)