Friday, October 30, 2009

this mess we're in... ?



Western Eyes
(lyrics by Portishead)

Forgotten throes, of another's life, the heart of love is their only light...
Faithless greeds consolidating, holding down sweet charity
With western eyes and serpents breath, we lay our own conscience to rest...
But I'm aching, at the view, yes I'm breaking, at the scenes, just like you?!

(I feel so cold, only hookers and gin... these days... this mess we're in!)
They have values, of a certain taste...
The innocent, they can hardly wait to crucify, invalidating and turning to dishonesty
With western eyes and serpents breath, they lay their own conscience to rest...

But then they lie, and then they dare to be, hidden heros candidly...?
So I'm aching at the view, yes I'm breaking at the scenes just like you...?
(I feel so cold... on hookers and gin... this mess we're in!?)